Brydebúð is situated in the older section of Vík, on the west side of the village, below the so-called "banks". This small museum is at the roots of the mountain Reynisfjall, not far from the ocean.

The storefront was originally built in the Westman Islands in 1831 and was named Godthaabs-outlet. In the year 1895, the merchant J.P.T. Bryde bought this old storefront, had it taken apart and moved to Vik by ship.

Store business was ongoing in Brydebúð until 1980: Bryde-store from 1895 to 1914, Þorsteinn Þorsteinsson & Co. from 1914 to 1926 and Kaupfélag Skaftfellinga from 1926 to 1980.

In the summer there is an information center for tourists open.

- various services for tourists
- selling of postcards, maps, books and souvenirs
- exhibitions

Open every day in the summer kl. 11:00 - 20:00

Advertising